NuVet is also accredited as a “Cat Friendly Clinic” as awarded by International Cat Care, part of the International Society of Feline Medicine. This is a rigorous accreditation scheme designed to demonstrate that certified clinics:
- Understand the unique needs of cats and have made veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner.
- Have good standards of equipment, needed to investigate and treat feline diseases.
- Have a good standard of facilities and care for hospitalised cats.
We have worked hard to achieve this status.
All our clinical areas (hospital wards, theatres and consultation rooms) are designed to minimise stress for our feline patients, and we have a designated cat waiting area in reception. We ask clients with dogs to avoid this area, to avoid cats becoming more stressed than necessary.
Here at NuVet we have:
- A cat friendly waiting room.
- A separate cat ward for hospitalised patients.
- A Cat Advocate to answer any questions you have.
- Cat scales available in every consultation room.
For more information about the Cat Friendly Clinic scheme please click here.